As West Australians enjoy the eased restrictions across our State, we look forward to welcoming you back into the venues at the University of Western Australia. University Theatres has taken precautions to ensure we provide a safe environment for our community to connect and enjoy a shared experience at UWA.
WHAT WE'RE DOING FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY
Visiting our venues
- Increased frequency and detail of daily cleaning of the theatre by professional cleaners
- Regular cleaning of all high touch surfaces during the event (including door handles, toilet locks, hand rails, switches and buttons)
- Provision of hand sanitiser in the foyer areas and bathrooms
At the bar and box office:
- Cashless transactions (whenever possible)
- You can pre-order your interval drinks at the bar for contactless pick up
- As communal water dispensers are not available, you are encouraged to bring your own water bottle
In the venues:
- Signage reminders of appropriate hygiene practices in line with the advice from the Australian Government Department of Health
- Revised building entry or exit requirements specific to the performance (if required)
- The foyer and auditorium will open earlier than usual to allow patrons to spread out within the space
During the ticket sales process, the following will be required of all patrons:
- To confirm they agree to only attend the event/performance if they are in good health and have not:
- Travelled nationally or internationally in the previous 14 days
- Have any flu/cold symptoms including a sore throat, fever or cough
- Have not come into contact with any confirmed cases or possible cases in the previous 14 days
- To provide a working contact number in the unlikely event contact tracing is required.
- Patrons will be encouraged to download and register details in the COVIDSafe app.
Prior to attending the venue, all patrons attending ticketed events will be sent an email highlighting all of the above measures.
All staff have completed the AHA Hospitality & Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Course. There will always be at least one staff member accredited as a Hygiene Officer in attendance.
Ticket exchanges are available in accordance with ticketsWA ticketing terms and conditions. If you are requesting an exchange or refund based on medical advice that you should be isolated at this time, please cite this reason and provide a doctor’s note to support your refund request to the Box Office. You can contact us on at info@ticketsWA.com or on 6488 2440, Monday to Friday, 12 - 4pm.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the Australian Government Department of Health Coronavirus Information Line 1800 020 080 or the healthdirect hotline 1800 022 222. You can also visit the Australian Government Department of Health website.
The situation will be closely monitored by the University of WA and University Theatres (who operate ticketsWA). Our highest priority is the safety of our visitors, students and staff. The University is following all Federal Government advice and are monitoring the situation to have appropriate measures based on their advice.